The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) of Nigeria
is the apex regulatory body chartered by Act 58 of 1992 to regulate the practice of Human Resource Management (HRM) in Nigeria.
The Institute is conducting its 2010 Annual Essay Competition, an opportunity for interested undergraduates in Nigeria Universities and Polytechnics to bring to fore their ability to carry out researches into burning issues in both Nigeria and global economy.
All essays must be original, empirical and meet the standards for publication in local and international Journals. All entries should be typed in double line spacing and must not be more than 15 pages of A4 paper of 3000 words.
Topic: "Nigeria @ 50; harnessing the human capital for accelerated National development"
1st Prize : N125,000 publication in the Institute's HRM Journal and 2 HRM Books.
2nd Prize : N100,000 and 2 HRM Books
3rd Prize : N75,000 and 2 HRM Books
- Employment opportunity/ prospect for the first prize winner
- Free registration as student members of CIPM (for non members) for all prize winners.
- All expenses paid Trip to Abuja for CIPM 2010 National Conference.
Method of Participation
Interested persons must be undergraduates of Universities and Polytechnics and should send their "spiral bound" papers on or before 5th October, 2010. with the following documents attached:
- Reference letter from the Registrar of their Institution
- Photocopy of admission letter to their current Instiitution
- One recent passport photograph
- Current mobile telephone number and e-mail address:
Entry including scanned copies of requirement could be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or forwarded to:
Dr. Charles Ugwu
Ag. Registrar/ CEO
Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
1 IPM Avenue, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, Opposite Lagos State Secretariat.
Funmi Onasanya - 08037167899 and Charity Nwaigbo - 08028316589
CIPM ... Creating value through people