SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (2ND PHASE) - APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.
MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF Ltd/ Gte) was established,
by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria's Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in communities across the country.
Project Description and Location
The MTN Nigeria Foundation provides financial support to 500 eligible Science & Technology students in accredited educational public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria annually. This scholarship award covers tuition, book allowance and stipend (pocket allowance). The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred Thousand Naira only) per student for the duration of an academic year and is paid at the beginning of each academic session.
The scholarships may be renewed provided recipients maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit). Application for the 201 0/2011 session is now open and successful applicants will receive their awards at the beginning of 2010/2011 academic year.
The MTN Foundation seeks to attract high caliber full time students into the science and technology sector. The scholarship is intended to provide assistance to those students who might otherwise be unable to fulfill their educational financial obligations and to reward and recognize superior academic performance.
Scholarships will be made available to qualified and successful candidates from all states of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Applications from students of the following list of approved disciplines will be considered:
Computer and Electronics
Computer and Information Science
Computer and Mathematics
Electronics and Computer Technology
Physics/ Computational Modeling
Pure/ Applied Physics
Statistics and Computer Science
- Candidates must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year in public universities, colleges of education as well as polytechnics in Nigeria.
- Applicants from universities and colleges of education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1), while applicants from polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) and currently undergoing industrial training at the time of applying.
If you are qualified and Interested, please visit our website at: www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, October 15th 2010. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test and will be required to come with the original and photocopy of the following:
- 2 passport photographs
- Valid student Identity card
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and Institution
- Original copy of letter of recommendation, duly signed and stamped from Faculty Head/Director of School/Dean of School
- Interested eligible candidates are required to apply HERE
- Application closes on Friday, October 15th 2010
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded and cancelled
- Upon receipt of applications from interested students, MTNF shall evaluate and shortlist qualifying students who will be subsequently invited for an assessment test.
- Names of successful candidates will be published in national dailies and on the website.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a yet to be announced date to successful candidates. Students are however advised to visit the website for more information.
Application Deadline15th October, 2010