Restral Recruiting Audit Head for Rivers State Microfinance Agency (RIMA)
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN RIMA
(RIVERS STATE INTEGRATED MICROFINANCE AGENCY)
The Rivers State Microfinance Agency (RIMA), the institution empowered to provide a variety of alternative financial, business and social support services to the working poor within the state, is seeking to employ outstanding professionals (preferably of Rivers State origin) for the following position:
HEAD, INTERNAL AUDIT AND CONTROL
The Head Internal Audit and Control will audit RIMA’ financial books and make regular reports to the CEO and the board. He or she will be responsible for ensuring the fiscal probity of RIMA on a continuous basis and key roles will include ensuring that the various functions of the apex agency are operating I line with due process; the development of operational policies and procedures by/ for all the various functions and offices in the agency well as the auditing of the financial records and operations of the organization to ensure compliance with general accounting rules and procedures.
The Internal Audit is a statutory requirement of all Government agencies and such as will be required to operate in line with the state’s rules and regulations guiding such offices. Expected qualifications, experience and attributes include the following:
• Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAN or ACCA)
• Should have a minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role, of which 5 years must been spent in management.
• Must possess ‘hands-on audit experience, especially knowledge of audit procedures in the public sector.
• Up-to-date knowledge of developments related to business matter of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect state government establishments.
• Should be comfortable with the use relevant ICT tools and software as they relate to accounting or auditing processes.
• Should ethical and possess very good planning and organization skills - in addition to being able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and writing.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should forward their current CV (prepared as a Microsoft Word Document and saved with candidate’s full names) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All CVs should be submitted within two weeks of this publication.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED